Media panel toolbar
The media panel toolbar regroups a set of features which, in contrary to the options are applied on all opened files.
Load mono / Load stereo
- Mono : load a single file.
Note that if a raw type file is loaded : a button RAW appears in the media path with raw parameters to set.
- Stereo : load two files (left and right eye) for a 3D stereoscopic workflow.
You can invert both eyes by clicking on .
A module comes in hand when a video compositing is needed.
Basically, it allows you to play all the sequences/movies in the module one after another.
Click on MODULE to create a module then load your files. You can either click on your module then load your files to directly set them in the module or load them separately and drag them into the module.
Colors are alternating on the timeline to highlight each file.
After editing your sequence or movie, you can export it to another format. The export operation has 4 major settings :
- Input : configure source file.
- source : select file.
- begin / end : select starting and ending frame.
- remove_alpha : check if the alpha should not be exported.
- apply interface settings : check if exported file must have interface settings applied such as color space, color depth, proxy etc..
- apply annotations : check if annotations have to be exported as well.
- Output : configure destination file.
- anim : check if it's an animation.
- stereo : check if it's a 3D work.
- file_name : define path and file name.
- file_format : select export format.
- color_space : select export color space.
- as link : check to set export as link.
- File Options : set frames settings.
- frame : set starting frame.
- padding : set padding for filename (e.g : if set at 4 your filename will be image.0001.jpg).
- Output Size : set destination file's resolution.
- resize_mode : select between absolute or relative resize mode.
Gate / Safe
Predefined display settings you can apply on your sequence or movie. You can also set a custom value.
Three modes are available :
|Hide everything outside the mask|
|Display what is in and out of the mask|
|Crop media from the mask|
The safe option which works alongside gate will display the zone hidden by projection devices.
Some options are available to change the display configuration.
- Pixel Ratio : change the pixel ratio.
- Crop : crop tool.
- B & W : display in black and whiter.
- Proxy : set a proxy (mostly used in order to reduce memory taken by reading the file).
- Color depth : select another color depth. By default, 32 bits is always selected since if a media has a lower color depth it will have no effect.
Media panel options
In this panel, each option is applied to its media. Thus you can set them differently for every loaded media.
- Media : check if media has to be disabled. If disabled, media will no longer be readable (Alt+Z).
- Preview : same utility as a thumbnail.
- Fast Memory : check if you don't want to set in cache your media.
- Notes : display if there are notes on the media (red for unsaved notes, blue for saved notes).
- Path : display your media's path. If you want to change your media you can directly edit its path.
- Color Space : select a different color space from a predefined list.
- CDL : apply a CDL. The CDLs list is managed in the Options (F12) menu.
- Lock : lock your media's frames range (only active in a module).
- Begin : set first frame.
- End : set last frame.
- Step : set step between frames.
- Frame : set starting frame.
- Display LUT : apply a LUT at a module level. This setting will override the global LUT. The LUTs list is managed in the Options (F12) menu.
- Sound : display if there is a sound file opened/muted. You can also reach the sound panel with a right click (remove/add sound, set offset..).
In addition to these options and settings, some are also available with a right click on the media :
- View left : set your left view for dual view mode(Ctrl+L).
- Dispose : allow you release frames in cache.
- Project : release all frames from all media.
- Current Media : release all frames from selected media.
- Before IN and after OUT : release frames outside IN and OUT.
- Between IN and OUT : release frames between IN and OUT.
- Before IN : only release frames before IN.
- After OUT : only release frames after OUT.
- Notes : manage notes on your media.
- Duplicate : duplicate media (Alt+D).
Input keys are settled with Key I and removed with ALT+I.
Output keys are settled with Key O and removed with ALT+O.
Bview options panel can be toggled by pressing F12 or from menu Window > Options. Using this panel grants you access to Bview general options. It contains the tabs below :
- Cineon : set cineon color space parameters (depth, gamma, etc..).
- Display : define display behavior (auto fit, auto refresh timeline range etc..).
- Spectre : set spectre display (mode, gamma, scale).
- Cache : set cache display and cache limiter.
- Grid : set grid size.
- CheckerBoard : set checkerboard size.
- Gate : set gate transparency.
- Color Space : select a logarithmic color space.
- LUTs : manage your LUTs (load, edit parameters [applied for the .bv only, not the LUT file], delete).
- CDLs : manage your CDLs (new/load, edit parameters [applied for the .bv only, not the CDL file], delete).
For CDL you can either create a file with your parameters and load it or directly create your CDL in the options panel and set the parameters.