Play and synchronize
Bview comes with a support of 5 sound formats : MP3, AIFF, WAV, FLAC and AAC. This functionality is useful when you need to synchronize a sound media and control if it is synced properly with a sequence of images or movie.
Load a sound
In order to load a sound you can either :
- Click on LOAD MONO, select a media then a sound (ALT+E).
- Click on LOAD MONO, close the pop-up then add a sound.
The sound panel is accessible at the end of any media bar with a left click under Sound or even with a right click on a media then Sound.
The sound menu displays 4 information :
- File : shows filename and its path.
- Offset : define an offset for synchronization purpose.
- Volume : volume controller.
- Other information : duration, channel (mono or stereo) and the sample rate.
When a sound media is loaded, its spectrograph is displayed on the timeline :
A better scaled spectrograph is also at your disposal (F10) with the following data :
- Filename and path
- For stereo channel, a toggle of the left and right spectre
- Frame number
Every timeline and display manipulation such as IN/OUT bounds, zoom, fit, drag.. are available under F10.
Note that currently there is no sound synchronization with any sequence or movie fps rate : the sound duration remains the same whatever fps rate or step used during playback.
Sound export is also unavailable.